“Professional Behavior Analyst explains why she chose Eagle Ranch Academy for her son Ranch Academy”
Parenting a teenager is never easy, but when your teen is violent, depressed, abusing alcohol or drugs, or engaging in other reckless behaviors, it can seem overwhelming. You may feel exhausted from lying awake at night worrying about where your child is, who he or she is with, and what they’re doing. You may despair over failed attempts to communicate, the endless fights, and the open defiance. Or you may live in fear of your teen’s violent mood swings and explosive anger. While parenting a troubled teen can often seem like an impossible task, there are steps you can take to ease the stress you and your teen feel. This can significantly reduce the chaos at home and help your teen transition into a happier, more successful young adult.
- Invest in focused face-to-face time with your teenager each day
- Listen without judging or giving advice
- Find common ground, such as sports or movies
- Create structure, such as regular mealtimes and bedtimes, to make a teen feel safe and secure
- Encourage exercise to help ease depression, boost energy and mood, and improve your teen’s self-esteem
- Encourage 7 to 9 hours of restful sleep every night
If you have question about how Eagle Ranch Academy can help your teen, please call.